Ever since having my daughter, Katelyn, 2 years ago, I have dreamed of quitting work and becoming a stay-at-home mom (SHM). But it just didn't work out for our family situation; we needed my income, plain and simple. After having my son, Alex, in June, the situation was even worse since my husband became a victim of our economy the month before he was born. And truth be told, I actually liked my job as a civil engineer. I had great coworkers and most days enjoyed what I did and who I was when I was at work. It was part of who I was.
Then, my husband, Adam, got an interview. He is rather specialized in his field, and an interview alone in this market took over 5 months. Turned out he was a good fit and they offered him the job. Wonderful for him! So far it seems to be a great company - thriving in this economy and good to their workers. But it required us to move... We had just bought a house. We loved our kids' daycare. We had good friends. And I had a good, stable job I enjoyed. But in the back of my mind was that nagging voice - this could be your chance, Sarah...
Well, there is no suspense to my story... We obviously took it or I wouldn't be sitting here typing & keeping my fingers crossed that both kids keep sleeping! Darn it - why did I even type that? Alex is waking... Keep checking back to see how we are doing... to see if I'm maintaining my sanity... and if this SHM thing will stick. There is suspense to that...
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment